An innovative and unique addition to our regular touring was launched in 2000 with our mini-residency program. This multi-day program was designed to create an intensive experience of musical interaction and instruction with ABQ members by providing participants with events relating to today’s most relevant topics for emerging artists. The ABQ draws upon our tradition of devotion to serious brass chamber music and expertise from worldwide performances, a vast discography and well over one hundred premieres, to create an individually tailored residency for colleges, high schools, or communities. Tremendously popular, this program has been embraced by venues throughout the United States and abroad. Our mini-residencies culminate in a formal recital presented by the ABQ.
Sample of events offered
- Brass Instrument Mastery: Skills & Musicianship
- Fully Realizing Chamber Music: Musical and Collaborative Skills
- Audition Success! The Emerging Artist: Professionalism for the 21st Century Musician
- Ground Breaking: ABQ Commissions
- ABQ To Go: Outreach concerts for all ages
- Brass music from 1500 through today
Accolades for our program
"A tour de force in brass chamber music performance that is unparalleled in the world today. The mini-residency was a phenomenal experience for the Conservatory." - Oberlin College Conservatory
"With intelligence, artistry, and imagination, the ABQ has exemplified the highest standards of chamber music for brass instruments during its remarkable existence" - Joseph Polisi, President, The Juilliard School
"We had a fantastic and very successful visit by the American Brass Quintet to Penn State and State College."
- George Trudeau, Director, Center for the Performing Arts, The Pennsylvania State University
"A transformative experience for students and faculty alike." - Martin Hodel, Associate Professor, St. Olaf College
Financial assistance may be available through the American Brass Chamber Music Association, Inc.